From the mouths of hiring managers – EQ over IQ
Why is emotional intelligence important in business?
In a study that involved over 2,600 hiring managers, 71% said they value high EQ over high IQ.
When asked why, they cited the following reasons:
High EQ employees
- stay calm under pressure.
- balance when they listen and when they speak.
- lead by example.
- make thoughtful business decisions.
- take criticism well.
- admit their mistakes and learn from them.
- can discuss tough, sensitive issues thoughtfully and maturely.
effectively resolve conflict.
- empathetic to coworkers and react accordingly.