BBA Coronavirus Health Policy for Upcoming Events
CURRENT RISK LEVEL:
MASSACHUSETTS: Right now, there are six (6) confirmed and eighty-nine (89) presumptive positive cases of the virus in Massachusetts, where our center is located – Suffolk County, there are nineteen (19) presumptive positive cases..
For More information, go to: COVID-19 Cases, Quarantine and Monitoring
In the wake of the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus, we are asking people to be responsible about attending Boston Breakthrough Academy events – as students or as support. Whenever people gather in groups there is some possibility of exposure to a contagious infection, ranging from the common cold to influenza and now Coronavirus. We all get to be responsible for our own health, as well as that of the collective. We will also be taking additional precautions at the training to help slow the spread of the virus, which are detailed below.
Proper hygiene and precautions can reduce the risk, however, it cannot be completely eliminated. Please evaluate your personal health and risk and make decisions considering the impact on collective health before participating in our training. Do not come if you are sick or someone you are in close contact with is sick, or if you have a weakened immune system. The detailed guidelines provided below are always relevant, regardless of Coronavirus, but especially important in this moment of heightened risk.
There are few indications that the majority of us are in immediate danger of contracting Coronavirus. However, we believe now is the time for an abundance of caution, to do our part and slow the spread of the virus so that its harm may be minimized.
We are following CDC guidelines and taking extra precautions to ensure our training are as safe as possible:
- Providing health check stations at registration where we will be taking the temperature of all attendees (using touch-free infrared thermometers) to make sure no one is unwittingly entering while running a fever
- All chairs and surfaces will be wiped down daily with disinfectant
- Encouraging regular hand-washing by participants
- Personal hand sanitizer will be required by every participant
- We will offer gloves on request
- Handling of microphones will be eliminated
- Exercises within the training will be appropriately altered to reduce skin to skin contact
HYGIENE AT THE TRAININGS:
Please wash your hands frequently at the training (every chance you get). After checking in and putting your personal items away, please immediately wash your hands and wrists for at least 20 seconds using soap and water. Please continue to wash your hands throughout the training, especially after contacting surfaces or human skin.
If you do cough or sneeze, do it into the crook of your elbow or facial tissue – not your hands. Throw away the facial tissue immediately. Wash or sterilize your hands immediately if necessary.
We ask that you watch a refresher on how to wash your hands thoroughly, such as this short video.
ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
It is important that you be accurate and honest. Please do not attend Boston Breakthrough Academy if:
- you have had a fever within the past 2 weeks.
- you have had symptoms of a cold or flu within 48 hours of the event
- you have a stomach upset within 48 hours of the event
- someone you are in close contact with or live with has had any of the previous conditions within 48 hours of the event
- you traveled or will have traveled within two weeks of the training, to one the following places: China, Japan, Italy, Iran, South Korea, or Hong Kong. We believe in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following the recommended procedures and protocols by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local authorities. This list may change, so please refer to the CDC Information for Travel for further updates.
- you are over the age of 65 or have a compromised immune system.
- you are pregnant. People who are pregnant will not be permitted to participate in our training at this time.
TRANSFER FEES WAIVED:
If you are choosing not to attend due to the above reasons, we will transfer your tuition to the next appropriate training without a transfer fee.
Please don’t panic. Be careful not to spread misinformation. Be sure that your information about COVID-19 is coming from reputable scientific sources. Spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories makes it harder for us to protect one another and ourselves.
At all times, we remain grounded in our purpose and focused on our values of inclusion and respect. COVID-19 does not distinguish between nationality, race or geographic origin, and Boston Breakthrough Academy’s steadfast commitment to inclusion and care guides our actions.
Let’s create transformation and do what we can to take care of ourselves and the entire Boston Breakthrough Academy community! There are blessings available in this experience that humanity is sharing if we look for them. This has the potential to bring us together as we deepen our awareness of our interdependence and worldwide connection. As leaders, let’s stand for optimism and connection in this uncertain time.
It’s important to remember that the situation is changing rapidly, and you should follow local reputable news sources and the advice of local health care institutions to learn more about the local situation. Transparency is one of our core values, and we are committed to keeping you fully informed as the situation evolves. Please do not call the Boston Breakthrough Academy office for updates, as all of our current updates will be posted on our website. Thank you!
Informative Link: This well-researched Coronavirus explainer from Vox provides a good overview of what you need to know.